Pea Soup



I love soups in winter and keep experiment with different soups. I love my soups to be pureed and very smooth while my hubby loves then with the vegetables still floating, OK that's how I call it the floating objects soup. So sometimes I leave half of it for him and puree the rest for myself, that way we both are happy. But this soup had to be pureed. I love this soup, it is a heavy soup and we could not have much, half a bowl compared to the other soups will be ok. We had it with some macaroni salad for dinner.

Ingredients
2 cups vegetable stock or water. (you can use veg bouillons if you like)
1/2 cup peas, frozen or fresh
1/2 onion, chopped,
1/2 inch ginger grated
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp kasturi methi
red chili flakes to taste
salt to taste.

Method

  1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add the onions. Cook till translucent.
  2. Add the ginger and water and bring to a boil.
  3. Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes or till the peas are cooked.
  4. Add the cardamom and turn of the heat.
  5. Puree this mixture.
  6. Put back on heat, add more water if required or boil to desired consistency.
  7. Add chili flakes, salt and kasturi methi.
  8. Serve hot or cold.


7th day of RM2

Check out what other members cooked today.

  1. DK
  2. Siri
  3. Srivalli
  4. Ranji
  5. PJ
  6. Curry Leaf
  7. Priya
  8. Bhawana
  9. Raaji
  10. Ruchii
  11. Anu
  12. Kamala
  13. Roopa
  14. Divya Kudua
  15. Rekha
  16. Divya M
  17. Lakshmi
  18. Raaga
  19. Lakshmi Venkatesh
  20. Sripriya
  21. Viji
  22. Kamalika
  23. Pavani

19 comments:

Pavani said...

it looks colourful and it should be very tasty

Finla said...

I love soup and this peas soup looke good with all the spices you have added

SMN said...

that look so rich wth that green color

Kitchen Chronicles said...

Pea soup looks so rich and the colour very attractive.

Bhawana said...

Soup is looking soooooo mouthwatering and delicous :). I have bookmarked this I was searching pea soup from a long time. Di I wont be able to make something else then I will make this n post for sure.

Yday I made that dal Pradeep loved that so much, we finished all yday itself. was very tasty. Thank you. Today again m making that only, m feeling like having that again. but this time will have to use frozen spinach. cudnt take foto yday. so I will click today. yummmmmmy dal it was.thank you.

Priya Suresh said...

WOw wat a colour!!! just love anything with peas, relishing soup Medha..

Kalai said...

I'm like your husband. Love chunky soups, but this looks awesome! The color is just gorgeous! :)

Unknown said...

soup looks so delicious i am serching for a soup recipe and i am going to try this now

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely comfort food.I am yet to try out a Pea soup.Comforting

ST said...

Looks colouful and very tasty...

Cilantro said...

Having a cold today and this soup looks inviting...

Unknown said...

wow.. what a colour!!! looks delicious..

raaji said...

Looks so greeny......havent ried this before medha.....but its simple ingredients tempting me to make this....

Srivalli said...

my the colour looks so good...nice shot medhaa..

Unknown said...

Soups are always comforting like your version for peas soup.

kamala said...

Perfect soup for this cold weather.

Arundathi said...

never made pea soup but eaten it dozens of times. should try it out. lovely color.

Divya Kudua said...

I love having a bowl of soup...but only if someone else makes it for me..;-)would love to have it from your bowl,if I could!!

Padmajha said...

hubby loves soup..so here is one more for him..

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria