I am not fond of Cauliflower but my husband loves it, so I am always trying out different things with gobi. I was surprised with this parantha I actually liked it So now I have one more thing I like gobi in other than gobi manchurian.

Ingredients
Dough
1 cup wheat flower
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chili powder
water for kneading

Filling
2 cups cauliflower/gobi chopped finely
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp ajwain
1 tsp red chili powder
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
2 green chilies chopped
1/4 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste

ghee for cooking

Method

  1. Add salt to the cauliflower and keep aside for at lease 10 minutes.
  2. Then take some cauliflower inbetween your hands and squeeze out the water. Collect the water in a bowl, we will use to this to knead the dough.
  3. Once the cauliflower is all dry mix the rest of the ingredients of the filling and keep aside.
  4. Mix all the ingredients of the dough and knead using the cauliflower water and plain water to a soft dough.
  5. Make a small ball of the dough.
  6. Roll into a small circle.
  7. Place about 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp of the filling in the center of the circle.
  8. Bring the edges to the center to close the circle and form a small ball again.
  9. Seal the edges well and flatten the ball.
  10. Roll softly to form a circle.
  11. Heat a tawa to medium high.
  12. Place the rolled parantha and cook for about 1/2 minute.
  13. Flip it and cook the other side complete.
  14. Drizzle 1/2 tsp ghee and flip the parantha again.
  15. Cook this side completely.
  16. Remove from heat and serve with pickle and raita.


11th day of RM2

Check out what other members cooked today.

  1. DK
  2. Siri
  3. Srivalli
  4. Ranji
  5. PJ
  6. Curry Leaf
  7. Priya
  8. Bhawana
  9. Raaji
  10. Ruchii
  11. Anu
  12. Kamala
  13. Roopa
  14. Divya Kudua
  15. Rekha
  16. Divya M
  17. Lakshmi
  18. Raaga
  19. Lakshmi Venkatesh
  20. Sripriya
  21. Viji
  22. Kamalika
  23. Pavani

22 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Ican imagen with curd this yummy parantha s

Srivalli said...

Looks lovely!..great one to enjoy!

Bhawana said...

wow di, paraths is looking mouthwatering. Looks like crispy and very tempting. perfect for the entry.

Bhawana said...

My husband said today when I was reading ur blog "di ko bolo ki unka paratha bahut tasty lag raha hai, tumhari di to bond hai".

ye mere patidev ke taraf se hai :).

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

I love gobi in any form .. love these parathas...

Kitchen Chronicles said...

Paratha is very tempting.

Unknown said...

This is one of favorites among stuffed parathas :) The little pieces of gobi in the paratha indeed gives it a very nice taste:)

raaji said...

I could see those cauliflowers popping up from ur parathas for me.....heheh:)

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely with curds and pickle.Actually without anything I can eat.But I am a flop in rolling them out.So rarely makes them..Looks superb

kamala said...

I love stuffed parathas...Looks yummy Medha

Anonymous said...

Oooh tht reminded me of my college days,my Punju frnd used to bring yummy gobi parathas and we all use to gobble down all of those while she wud happily bite on Koki and lola that i use to carry for her...that barter system was so good!
The parathas she use to bring had grated gobi....any specific reasoons for using chopped one?
It looks yummy anyways and i wud love to eat hot parathas with some creamy curd or boondi raita......hey girl u made me hungry again...

Sagari said...

mouth watering gobi paratha medha

Sagari said...

mouth watering gobi paratha medha

Unknown said...

Medha, that looks very delicious. Like your recipe..

Vikis Kitchen said...

Yummy blog.Paratha looks tempting. Nice recipe.

Yasmeen said...

Spicy gobi parathas are my favorite too:)

Priya Suresh said...

Looks lovely Medhaa...delicious..

Unknown said...

Gobi paratha looks just perfect Medhaa..

Pavani said...

looks yummy n crispy..

Uma said...

oooh, yummy paratha. perfect shape.

SMN said...

One of my personal fav and parathas r so tasty cant get over the taste.. looks yum

Supriya said...

I've never made cauliflower parathas, but looking at yours, I'm encouraged to try them.

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria