Ever Since I have been blogging, I am so delighted to find different cusines on different blogs, I have booked marked so many and hope I can get to try them all. Last week I got 2 try of the recipes and both were delicious.

Pooja's Methi Ni Kadhi
My husband and myself love Methi in every form so when I dropped on Pooja's Methi Ni Kadhi I had to try it and it was really good. I did make few changes, I made the yogurt kadhi like what we normally make and then added Methi Leaves to it. She has garlic, cinnamon and cloves to her kadhi which I did not add. Thank you Pooja for this recipe



Ingredients
1 cup Methi Leaves, chopped (Fenugreek leaves)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp Jeera seeds
a pinch hingh (Asafoetida)
1 and 1/2 cups curds (yogurt)
1 tbsp Besan (gram flour)
1 green chilli chopped
1 inch ginger grated
a pinch tumeric powder
1/4 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil

Method

  1. Heat oil in a pan. Add hing, mustard seeds and jeera.
  2. Once the seeds splutter, add the methi.
  3. While the methi cooks beat the curds.
  4. Add besan, green chili, ginger, sugar and tumeric powder to the curds.
  5. Reduce the heat to low once the is cooked.
  6. Add the curd mixture to the methi with 1/4 cup water.
  7. Once it boils server hot with rotis or rice.


Nupur's Pav Bhajji



After reading so much about Nupur's Pav Bhajji I had to try it, I was giving my husband a surprise birthday party last week and decided to make the pav bhajji. Everyone loved it and I had to quickly grab a bit before it got over to take a picture, I know I am missing the Pav and the onions in the picture that is due the the commotion at home during that time and I had to quickly take the picture before nothing was left. This will now always be my pav bhajji recipe that I will be making I might add about 1/4 cup of mixed vegetables (carrots, beans) the next time just to add more nutrients. Who would have ever thaught that cauliflower would do the trick, usually my pav bhajji was made with onions, tomatoes , mixed vegetables and lots of potatoes. Thank you Nupur for sharing such a wonderful recipe.

I did not make any change to Nupur's recipe except that I used "Badshah's Bombay Pav Bhajji Masala" instead of Everest. You can click on the link above for the original recipe.

10 comments:

Uma said...

both the recipes look good. Nice treats.

Unknown said...

Nice recipes..And nice pics too Medhaa

Dhivya said...

both recipes look ggreat:))nice pictures too

Deepa Kuber said...

lovely recipes.pav bhaji is my fav. i had made pav bhaji long back, but kadi is new to me. will try both of them again.

SMN said...

Pav baji is my fav..

Pooja said...

I am glad Medhaa that you tried it a nd liked it :) . i jsut love it . for me kadhi without garlic and cinnamon is not kadhi at all :D. Well try it the same way by substituting methi with dill and you will get yet another nice kadhi . I tried it and loved it too :).
Thanks medhaa for leaving comment on that post to let me know.

Cham said...

Both looks delish :)

Anonymous said...

Both dishes look yummy!!!The methi kadhi looks really good...will try this soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the pav bhaji, Medhaa.
It is always nice to check with a blogger first before copying their recipe word for word onto your blog. People can always get the recipe using the link. Or simply re-write it in your own words instead of copying it the way you have.

Medhaa said...

Hi Nupur,

I am really Sorry about it will remove it immidiately. Did not know about the good manners in blogging it is my mistake sorry about it, I just thaought since I had made no changes to it and had the link to it just have option for some people to read it here too, no other intention. Very Very Sorry

Thank you for your advice will surely remember this the next time.

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria